264 to 252 Adelaide St E in 1968 & 2022

Posted:

Looking northwest towards the corner of Adelaide St E and George St, in the St Lawrence neighbourhood of Toronto. The group of buildings ranging from 264 to 252 Adelaide St E were initially known as Toronto’s First Post Office (built in 1833/34 and is once again a post office today), De La Salle Institute (built in 1871) and Bank of Upper Canada (built in 1825/27). The buildings received heritage status from the city in 1973.

2022/1968 – Looking northwest towards the corner of Adelaide St E and George St, in the St Lawrence neighbourhood of Toronto. The group of buildings ranging from 264 to 252 Adelaide St E were initially known as Toronto's First Post Office (built in 1833/34 and is once again a post office today), De La Salle Institute (built in 1871) and Bank of Upper Canada (built in 1825/27). The buildings received heritage status from the city in 1973
2022/1968 – Looking northwest towards the corner of Adelaide St E and George St, in the St Lawrence neighbourhood (City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 124, File 2, ID 19)
SOURCE

Stay Connected

24,489FollowersFollow
103FollowersFollow
8,850FollowersFollow