Looking towards 359 Yonge St, south of Gerrard St E, in the Downtown Yonge area of Toronto. Before being the Zanzibar, the building was home to the Rosticceria Tavern and Hunter’s Studio around 1950. In 1960, it became the Zanzibar Tavern, a live music venue featuring jazz and blues. It later became a go-go dancer club with rock’n’roll music. The Zanzibar became an adult entertainment nightclub in the 1970s.
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: City of Toronto Archives