The Wiggins & Harris Building is located at the northwest corner of Queen St W and Dovercourt Rd in the Beaconsfield Village of Toronto. Built in 1884, the Second Empire-style structure was designed by architect George R Harper.
By the mid-1910s, the building housed a movie theatre called Child’s Theatre, then King’s Playhouse, and Avon Theatre. In 2020, the city granted heritage status to the building, which has an address of 1092 Queen St W.
Then and Now
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: City of Toronto Archives