Between 1936-37/2022 – Looking southwest on College St, just west of Bay St, towards Canadian Blood Services, originally the Victoria Hospital For Sick Children in Toronto’s Discovery District.
The hospital was built in 1889/91 and designed by architects Darling & Curry in the Richardsonian Romanesque style. J Ross Robertson, founder of the Toronto Telegram, donated the generous funding to build the hospital. In 1951, the hospital vacated the building when the present-day SickKids Hospital at 555 University Avenue was completed. The former hospital building at 67 College St received heritage status from the city in 1973.