Early 1980s/2022 – Cabin D and the tool shed are on display at Roundhouse Park in downtown Toronto. The archive photo shows the structures at their original location in the railway corridor, just west of the Bathurst Street Bridge.
Built in 1890 by Grand Trunk Railway, Cabin D controlled track switches and signal lights near Union Station. In 1983, the cabin and shed were retired and relocated to the John Street Roundhouse, where they were stored for several years. The structures were fully restored and put on display in 2010 during the Toronto Railway Museum’s first year.
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: City of Toronto Archives