Don Station in 1910 & 2020

Posted:

The Don Station is on display at Roundhouse Park in downtown Toronto. The archive photo shows the station at its original location on the south side of Queen St E and the west side of the Don River. Built by Canadian Pacific Railway in 1896, the station was added for the convenience of passengers on the city’s east side so they didn’t have to travel to Union Station. When Don Station closed in 1967, the structure was moved to Todmorden Mills. It remained there for over four decades until it was relocated to Roundhouse Park in 2008. The park also features the John Street Roundhouse and the Toronto Railway Museum.

September 12, 1910/2020 - The Don Station is on display at Roundhouse Park in downtown Toronto. The archive photo shows the station at its original location on the south side of Queen St E and the west side of the Don River. Built by Canadian Pacific Railway in 1896, the station was added for the convenience of passengers on the city’s east side so they didn’t have to travel to Union Station. When Don Station closed in 1967, the structure was moved to Todmorden Mills. It remained there for over four decades until it was relocated to Roundhouse Park in 2008. The park also features the John Street Roundhouse and the Toronto Railway Museum
September 12, 1910/2020 – The Don Station is on display at Roundhouse Park in downtown Toronto (City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 1231, Item 73)
SOURCE

Stay Connected

23,624FollowersFollow
103FollowersFollow
8,925FollowersFollow