Timothy Eaton Memorial Church is located at 230 St Clair Ave W (between Warren Rd and Dunvegan Rd on the north side) in the Forest Hill/South Hill neighbourhood of Toronto.
Built in 1913/14, architects Wickson & Gregg designed the church in the Neo-Gothic style with English Gothic elements. Named in memory of Timothy Eaton, the founder of Eaton’s department store, the church held its first service in the magnificent building in December 1914.
In 1911, before the Timothy Eaton Memorial Church was constructed, services were held in the Sunday School building. Located on the east side of the church, this building was also designed by Wickson & Gregg. The cost of the Sunday School and the church was approximately $200,000.
Timothy Eaton Memorial Church received heritage status from the City of Toronto in 2008.