Looking southwest at the corner of King St E and George St in the Old Town neighbourhood of Toronto. Built circa 1833 for George Monro, the commercial building at the corner was the Imported British & India-Goods Wholesale Warehouse.
Mr Monro was a dry goods merchant who served as the Mayor of Toronto in 1841. By the late 1860s, the building became home to the Thomas Thompson company, which sold saddles, harnesses and trunks. The building received heritage status from the city in 1973 and today is also known as the Thomas Thompson Building.
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: City of Toronto Archives