Looking southeast toward the corner of Sultan St and St Thomas St in Toronto’s Bay-Cloverhill neighbourhood. The archive photo shows a semi-detached home on the south side of Sultan St, while the present-day photo shows all of the red brick homes along this stretch.
From left to right, they include: 1 Sultan St was built in 1880, features Second Empire architecture, and is known as the Brown-Inglis House. The semi-detached homes from 3 to 9 Sultan St were built in 1888 by Charles R Rundle in the Romanesque Revival style. The heritage-designated structures are important examples of the popular styles of homes built in the area in the late 19th century.
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: City of Toronto Archives