The Stone Church is located at 45 Davenport Rd (between Yonge St and Bay St on the south side) in the Yorkville neighbourhood of Toronto.
Prior to The Stone Church, the site was home to Jesse Ketchum Hall. Constructed in 1848, the hall was torn down in 1986 to make way for the church.
There’s a plaque at The Stone Church commemorating Jesse Ketchum Hall. It rests on a pedestal made of bricks from the old hall.
The Stone Church Photos
- Heritage Toronto (plaque)
- The Globe and Mail Newspaper Archives: Jun 6, 1986, pgs A1, A15
- Photos: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photos: City of Toronto Archives