Looking southwest towards 63-65 Charles St W in the Bay-Cloverhill neighbourhood of Toronto. The 3-storey, Second Empire style, semi-detached house was built in 1884. It’s the last surviving home on the block, once filled with this type of residential architecture.
From the early 1990s to 2010, it was the Stephenson House, a Victoria University residence. Today, the heritage-designated structure continues to be part of Victoria University and is home to its Human Resources department.
Then and Now
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: City of Toronto Archives