Looking southeast along Charles St W from St Thomas St in Toronto’s Bay-Cloverhill neighbourhood. Notice the orange brick semi-detached home at 63-65 St Charles St W on the left in both photos. The home was built in 1884, and the stretch of Charles St W was once lined with this style of residential architecture. Before 1909, Charles St W was known as Czar St.
Then and Now
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: City of Toronto Archives