St Paul’s Methodist (United) Church was once located at Avenue Rd and Webster Ave, southeast corner (south of Davenport Rd) in the Yorkville neighbourhood of Toronto.
Built in 1886/87, the church and its attached schoolhouse were designed by architects Smith & Gemmell in the Gothic Revival style. It cost $40,000 for land and building. At the time, the lot measured 100 ft on Avenue Rd and 284 ft on Webster Ave, and the land was $60 per ft frontage. Webster Ave was originally known as Avenue Place.
The church was torn down in 1995.
St Paul’s Methodist (United) Church Photos
Landmarks of Toronto: Volume 4 by J Ross Robertson (1904), pgs 375-377