St Paul’s Basilica is located at 83 Power St (at Queen St E on the southeast corner) in the Corktown neighbourhood of Toronto.
The church was established in 1822 and is the oldest Roman Catholic church in Toronto. The first structure was in use from 1824 until the late 1880s.
Built on the same site as the original church, today’s structure was completed in 1889 at the cost of over $100,000. Architect Joseph Connolly designed the church in the Italian Renaissance style. Its tower was completed in 1905 and designed by architect Arthur William Holmes.
St Paul’s Basilica received heritage status from the City of Toronto in 1973.