St Helen’s Parish, a Roman Catholic Church, is located at 1688 Dundas St W (at St Clarens Ave on the northeast corner) in the Brockton Village neighbourhood of Toronto. The parish was established in 1875.
Built in 1908/09 at the cost of $75,000, architect Arthur William Holmes designed the church in the early French Gothic Revival style. Fifteen years later, Mr Holmes designed the church’s spire. St Helen’s Parish received heritage status from the City of Toronto in 1990.
St Helen’s Parish Rectory at 1680 Dundas St W between Margaretta St and St Clarens Ave was constructed in 1911. The rectory was designed by architect Arthur William Holmes and was designated a heritage property by the City in 1990.
St Helen’s Parish Hall is located just east of the rectory at 1674 Dundas St W. Designed by architect James Michael Cowan, the hall was built in 1920 and it also received heritage status in 1990.
St Helen’s Parish Photos
- City of Toronto Heritage Register: 1688 Dundas St W
- City of Toronto Heritage Register: 1680 Dundas St W
- City of Toronto Heritage Register: 1674 Dundas St W
- Landmarks of Toronto: Volume 4 by J Ross Robertson (1904)
- Landmarks of Toronto: Volume 6 by J Ross Robertson (1914)
- Current Photos: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photos: City of Toronto Archives & Toronto Public Library