Looking southeast towards Queen’s Wharf Lighthouse, also known as “Little Red,” located between Fleet St and Lake Shore Blvd W in the Bathurst Quay neighbourhood of Toronto. Notice in both photos Tip Top Tailors (now Tip Top Lofts) and the Fleet St TTC streetcar loop encircling the lighthouse. The archive photo show Maple Leaf Stadium on the left in the background. The stadium was built in 1926 and was home to the minor league Maple Leafs baseball team. In 1968, the team moved to Louisville, Kentucky, and that same year, the stadium was demolished.
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: City of Toronto Archives