Queen St W and Simcoe St circa 1885 & 1923

Posted:

Looking towards the southeast corner of Queen St W and Simcoe St in downtown Toronto. The archive photo dated circa 1885 shows when the corner building was home to the JM Rutherford Flour & Feed store, and in the 1923 photo, a United Cigar Store later occupied the building. Since 1958, the entire block bound by Simcoe St, Queen St W, University Ave and Richmond St W has been the site of the former Bank of Canada Building.

Circa 1885/1923 - Looking towards the southeast corner of Queen St W and Simcoe St in downtown Toronto. The archive photo dated circa 1885 shows when the corner building was home to the JM Rutherford Flour & Feed store, and in the 1923 photo, a United Cigar Store later occupied the building. Since 1958, the entire block bound by Simcoe St, Queen St W, University Ave and Richmond St W has been the site of the former Bank of Canada Building
Circa 1885/1923 – Looking towards the southeast corner of Queen St W and Simcoe St in downtown Toronto (Toronto Public Library R-293 & City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 1548, Series 393, Item 18579)
SOURCE

Stay Connected

24,080FollowersFollow
103FollowersFollow
8,850FollowersFollow