Queen St W and Simcoe St circa 1885, 1951 & 2023

Posted:

Looking towards the southeast corner of Queen St W and Simcoe St in downtown Toronto. The archive photo, dated circa 1885, shows when the corner building was home to the JM Rutherford Flour & Feed store, and in the 1951 photo, a watchmaker and a printing shop later occupied the building.

The present-day photo shows the rear of the Bank of Canada Building. It was constructed between 1955 and 1958 and occupies the entire block bound by Simcoe St, Queen St W, University Ave and Richmond St W. There’s a proposal to incorporate the heritage-designated building into a mixed-use development.

Circa 1885/1951/2023 - Looking towards the southeast corner of Queen St W and Simcoe St in downtown Toronto. The archive photo, dated circa 1885, shows when the corner building was home to the JM Rutherford Flour & Feed store, and in the 1951 photo, a watchmaker and a printing shop later occupied the building. The present-day photo shows the rear of the Bank of Canada Building. It was constructed between 1955 and 1958 and occupies the entire block bound by Simcoe St, Queen St W, University Ave and Richmond St W. There's a proposal to incorporate the heritage-designated building into a mixed-use development
Circa 1885/1951/2023 – Looking towards the southeast corner of Queen St W and Simcoe St in downtown Toronto (Toronto Public Library R-293 & R-367)
SOURCE

Stay Connected

23,627FollowersFollow
103FollowersFollow
8,925FollowersFollow