Looking northwest towards the corner of Queen St E and Parliament St in Toronto’s Moss Park neighbourhood.
In the archive photo, notice Becker’s in the three-storey building at the corner. The building was previously the Hotel Rupert, and its sign was visible on the east side of the second storey.
In 1989, the building was destroyed by fire. The commercial block at 326 to 342 Queen St E is visible on the left side of both photos. It was constructed between 1884 and 1889. The city granted the row of buildings heritage status in 2020.
Then and Now
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: City of Toronto Archives