One of Toronto’s public underground lavatories was once located at the southeast corner of Broadview Ave and Queen St E in the Riverside neighbourhood from 1910 until the early 1980s. In the archive photo dated 1914, notice the ventilation pipes on either side of the entrances also served as street lights. Also, notice the horse trough and the first Dominion Bank once stood at the corner.
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: City of Toronto Archives