Playhouse Theatre was once located at 344 College St (east of Brunswick Ave on the north side) in the Harbord Village/Kensington Market neighbourhoods of Toronto.
According to the Toronto City Directory, the Playhouse Theatre was first listed in 1915. It had approximately 450 leatherette seats with plush backs.
The theatre has had a few name changes during its time, including Melody, Portuguese Melody Theatre and finally, in the late-1960s, Wing Va Theatre, which showed Chinese movies.
The theatre building was demolished and replaced with the present-day mixed-use structure.
Playhouse Theatre Photos