Past & Present – Part 4

1976/2020 – Paul Kane House, the former home of the Canadian artist, is located at 56 Wellesley St E. Built in 1853, the Kane family owned the home until 1903. A church hall for many years, the city purchased the property in 1978, and today the heritage house is within a parkette. It was made possible by the efforts of local citizens and heritage organizations
1976/2020 – Paul Kane House, the former home of the Canadian artist, is located at 56 Wellesley St E. Built in 1853, the Kane family owned the home until 1903. A church hall for many years, the city purchased the property in 1978, and today the heritage house is within a parkette. It was made possible by the efforts of local citizens and heritage organizations (City of Toronto Archives, Series 1465, File 616, Item 7)

2021/1986-92 - Zanzibar at 359 Yonge St, south of Gerrard St E
2021/1986-92 – Zanzibar at 359 Yonge St, south of Gerrard St E (City of Toronto Archives, Series 1465, File 618, Item 41)

2021/1913 – TD Bank at Yonge St and Adelaide St W, southwest corner - once Hotel Lamb
2021/1913 – TD Bank at Yonge St and Adelaide St W, southwest corner – once Hotel Lamb (City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 1231, Item 2039)

2019/1960's - Duffy's Tavern at Bloor St W & Margueretta St
2019/1960’s – Duffy’s Tavern at Bloor St W & Margueretta St (City of Toronto Archives)

2020/1974 - Madison Avenue Pub at 14 Madison Ave
2020/1974 – Madison Avenue Pub at 14 Madison Ave (City of Toronto Archives)

2020/1945 - Isabella Hotel at 556 Sherbourne St
2020/1945 – Isabella Hotel at 556 Sherbourne St (City of Toronto Archives)

2020/1971 - O’Grady’s Restaurant on Church is located at 518 Church St and Maitland St on the southwest corner. The building was once home to Harry’s Steak House
2020/1971 – O’Grady’s Restaurant on Church is located at 518 Church St and Maitland St on the southwest corner. The building was once home to Harry’s Steak House (City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 1526, File 8, Item 30)

2020/1972 - Maison Selby at 592 Sherbourne St
2020/1972 – Maison Selby at 592 Sherbourne St (City of Toronto Archives)

2020/1915 - Toronto EMS Station 34/Police Station No. 11 at 674 Markham St
2020/1915 – Toronto EMS Station 34/Police Station No. 11 at 674 Markham St (City of Toronto Archives)

1976/2020 - North side of Bloor St W between Spadina Rd & Madison Ave
1976/2020 – North side of Bloor St W between Spadina Rd & Madison Ave (City of Toronto Archives)

2019/1975 - Zanzibar at 359 Yonge St, south of Gerrard St E
2019/1975 – Zanzibar at 359 Yonge St, south of Gerrard St E (City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 1526, File 3, Item 18)

2021/1978 - Hard Rock Cafe once at 279 Yonge St
2021/1978 – Hard Rock Cafe once at 279 Yonge St

2020/1971 - The Pearl Diver Restaurant/Dominion Typewriters at 100 Adelaide St E
2020/1971 – The Pearl Diver Restaurant/Dominion Typewriters at 100 Adelaide St E (City of Toronto Archives)

2020/1930's - Avenue Rd & Davenport Rd, northwest corner
2020/1930’s – Avenue Rd & Davenport Rd, northwest corner (City of Toronto Archives)

1959/2020 - Star Electric Fixtures/Louro & Sons Jewellers at 104 A Avenue Rd
1959/2020 – Star Electric Fixtures/Louro & Sons Jewellers at 104 A Avenue Rd (City of Toronto Archives)

1923/2021 - Yonge and Dundas Sts, northeast corner
1923/2021 – Yonge and Dundas Sts, northeast corner

1983/2019 - The Lakeview Restaurant at 1132 Dundas St W, east of Ossington Ave on the north side in the Trinity-Bellwoods neighbourhood
1983/2019 – The Lakeview Restaurant at 1132 Dundas St W, east of Ossington Ave on the north side in the Trinity-Bellwoods neighbourhood (City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 1526, File 71, Item 136)

2020/1920 - Tea 18/Brunswick Meat Market at 495 Bloor St W
2020/1920 – Tea 18/Brunswick Meat Market at 495 Bloor St W (City of Toronto Archives)

2019/1915 - Chapel of St James-the-Less National Historic Site of Canada at 635 Parliament St
2019/1915 – Chapel of St James-the-Less National Historic Site of Canada at 635 Parliament St (City of Toronto Archives)

2020/1972 - The Paint Store at 107 Baldwin St
2020/1972 – The Paint Store at 107 Baldwin St (City of Toronto Archives)

2020/1980's - The Rosedale Diner at 1164 Yonge St
2020/1980’s – The Rosedale Diner at 1164 Yonge St (City of Toronto Archives)

2020/1972 - Greenspan Partners LLP/CIBC at King St E & Jarvis St, northwest corner
2020/1972 – Greenspan Partners LLP/CIBC at King St E & Jarvis St, northwest corner (City of Toronto Archives)

2020/1972 - Pizza Pizza at Broadview Ave & Danforth Ave, southwest corner
2020/1972 – Pizza Pizza at Broadview Ave & Danforth Ave, southwest corner (City of Toronto Archives)

2020/1922 - Bloor St W & Bathurst St, northwest corner
2020/1922 – Bloor St W & Bathurst St, northwest corner (City of Toronto Archives)

1972/2020 - Varsity Restaurant/Pizza Pizza at Bloor St W & Spadina Rd, northeast corner
1972/2020 – Varsity Restaurant/Pizza Pizza at Bloor St W & Spadina Rd, northeast corner (City of Toronto Archives)

2020/1972 - Pizza Pizza at Parliament St & Wellesley St E, southwest corner
2020/1972 – Pizza Pizza at Parliament St & Wellesley St E, southwest corner (City of Toronto Archives)

1972/2020 - The southwest corner of Simcoe St and Elm St was once home to The Dell Restaurant - today it's Hasty Market
1972/2020 – The southwest corner of Simcoe St and Elm St was once home to The Dell Restaurant – today it’s Hasty Market (City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 2032, Series 841, File 44, Item 31)

2021/1950 - Brown Derby Tavern once at Yonge and Dundas Sts, northeast corner
2021/1950 – Brown Derby Tavern once at Yonge and Dundas Sts, northeast corner

2019/1929 - Stanley's Variety/Dominion Stores at 237 Gerrard St E
2019/1929 – Stanley’s Variety/Dominion Stores at 237 Gerrard St E (City of Toronto Archives)

2021/1945 - Imperial Hotel at 54 Dundas St E, and Victoria Ln once Imperial Hotel
2021/1945 – Imperial Hotel at 54 Dundas St E, and Victoria Ln once Imperial Hotel (City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 1257, Series 1057, Item 525)

2020/1952 – Looking southeast towards the corner of Yonge St and Carlton St – once home to S. S. Kresge Co.
2020/1952 – Looking southeast towards the corner of Yonge St and Carlton St – once home to S. S. Kresge Co. (City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 16, Series 574, File 82, ID 491030)

2020/1955 - Yonge St at Alexander St, once Fire Hall #3 and St Charles Tavern
2020/1955 – Yonge St at Alexander St, once Fire Hall #3 and St Charles Tavern (City of Toronto Archives)

2020/1924 - Yonge & Bloor Sts, southeast corner
2020/1924 – Yonge & Bloor Sts, southeast corner (City of Toronto Archives)

2020/1972 - Royal Bank of Canada at Yonge & Bloor Sts, northeast corner
2020/1972 – Royal Bank of Canada at Yonge & Bloor Sts, northeast corner (City of Toronto Archives)

2020/1955 - Toronto Necropolis Chapel, Gate and Superintendent's Lodge is located at 200 Winchester St - built in 1871/72, architect Henry Langley designed the church in the Gothic Revival style
2020/1955 – Toronto Necropolis Chapel, Gate and Superintendent’s Lodge is located at 200 Winchester St – built in 1871/72, architect Henry Langley designed the church in the Gothic Revival style (Toronto Public Library R-3749)

2020/1972 - The Paramount once at 337 Spadina Ave (at Baldwin St)
2020/1972 – The Paramount once at 337 Spadina Ave (at Baldwin St)

1952/2021 – Gladstone House at 1214 Queen St W, on the northeast corner in the West Queen West neighbourhood of Toronto. Built in 1889 and designed by architect George Miller, the structure received heritage status from the city in 1973
1952/2021 – Gladstone House at 1214 Queen St W, on the northeast corner in the West Queen West neighbourhood of Toronto. Built in 1889 and designed by architect George Miller, the structure received heritage status from the city in 1973 (Toronto Public Library R-6083)

2021/1937 - Paradise Theatre at 1006 Bloor St W
2021/1937 – Paradise Theatre at 1006 Bloor St W (City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 1488, Series 1230, Item 1150)

2021/1950-1963 - University Avenue Courthouse - Superior Court of Justice, once University Avenue Armouries at University Ave & Armoury St, southeast corner
2021/1950-1963 – University Avenue Courthouse – Superior Court of Justice, once University Avenue Armouries at University Ave & Armoury St, southeast corner (City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 492, Item 310)

SOURCE