The Paint Store Toronto is located at 107 Baldwin St (at Huron St) in Toronto’s Kensington-Chinatown neighbourhood.
Originally called Reingewirtz Paint and Wallpaper, the shop opened in 1929. Mr and Mrs Reingewirtz started the business in the living room of their family home. In 1956, their son and son-in-law took over running the store, and during the 1970s, they became the largest Benjamin Moore seller in the province. In the shop’s 50th year, the Reingewirtz’s grandson Gary began working at the store, and in 1998, the beautiful “Starry Night” mural was painted.
Today, the paint shop has operated for over 90 years and is third-generation owned. Along with selling high-quality products, Gary and his staff give their customers friendly help and attention to all painting needs