Oxford Theatre was once located at 1510 Danforth Ave (between Monarch Park Ave and Coxwell Ave on the north side) in the East Danforth neighbourhood of Toronto.
In 1925, Mr & Mrs Herbert Wainwright owned their first theatre, the Oxford, at 1452 Danforth Ave. Four years later, they built a larger theatre, also named the Oxford, a few doors down at 1510 Danforth Ave.
In 1942, B&F Theatres took over the operation of the Oxford.
Since the theatre closed in the mid-1950s, the building has been used as commercial space for Caplan Radio Danforth Ltd Appliances, Hancock’s TV Appliances Ltd, The Cyclepath, and today is home to Legacy Indoor Cycling and Tidal Fitness.
Oxford Theatre Photos
The Globe Newspaper Archives: Jan 30, 1932, pg 13
The Toronto Daily Star Newspaper Archives: Aug 22, 1942, pg 10
The Globe and Mail Newspaper Archives: Jun 22, 1946, pg 19
Toronto Star Newspaper Archives: Feb 21, 1957, pg 13