The former Fire Hall No 9 is located at 16 Ossington Ave, just north of Queen St W, on the west side, in Toronto’s Beaconsfield Village neighbourhood. The fire hall was built in 1878 and decommissioned in the late 1960s.
At some point, the wooden top portion of the hose tower, which contained the clock, was removed. The building is leased from the City of Toronto to St Michael’s Unity Health Toronto and provides withdrawal management services.
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: Toronto Public Library