The first Olivet Congregational Church was built in 1876 at 35 Hazelton Ave in the Yorkville neighbourhood of Toronto. In 1890, this building became the church’s Hall and Sunday School when its new larger church was completed next door on the south side (at 33 Hazelton Ave).
In 1923, the Heliconian Club purchased the building at 33 Hazelton Ave. Founded in 1909, the organization provides a forum for women in the Arts.
The Victorian Carpenter Gothic-style structure was designated a Toronto Historic Site in 1990 and National Historic Site of Canada in 2008.