Looking northeast towards Old City Hall and York County Court House, serving today as an Ontario Court of Justice courthouse, located at 60 Queen St W in downtown Toronto. Construction began in 1889, and after many delays, it was completed a decade later. Architect Edward James Lennox designed the Richardson Romanesque-style building. In 1965, the building became a dedicated courthouse when the new Toronto City Hall opened. The building received heritage status from the city in 1973.
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: City of Toronto Archives