Odeon Theatre was once located at 1558 Queen St W (between Fuller Ave and Sorauren Ave on the north side) in the Parkdale/Roncesvalles neighbourhoods of Toronto.
According to the Toronto City Directory, the theatre was first listed in 1915 and last recorded in 1932. While this theatre is named the Odeon, it should not be confused with the J Arthur Rank Odeon chain, nor the later Odeon Theatre at 1473 Queen St W, which was just down the street, on the south side.
Since the theatre closed, the building has been used as commercial space for a Dominion grocery store, Highland Farms, Harvest Fresh Farms, and today is home to F45 Training Parkdale.
The building received heritage status from the City of Toronto in 2020.
Odeon Theatre Photos
- City of Toronto Heritage Register: 1558 Queen St W
- The “Now Playing” Early Moviegoing and The Regulation Of Fun by Paul S Moore (2008), pg 174
- Photos: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photos: City of Toronto Archives
- Toronto City Directory by Might Directories Ltd 1915 courtesy of Toronto Public Library