Looking southeast toward the Millichamp Building at the corner of Victoria St and Adelaide St E in Toronto’s St Lawrence neighbourhood. Built in 1874/75, architects Smith & Gemmell designed the office building for Wallace Millichamp. His silver plating and display case manufacturing business remained there until the 1890s. It later became a CIBC branch, occupying the building for over 50 years. In 1984, the structure received heritage status from the city. Today, a glass atrium connects the Excelsior Life and Millichamp Buildings.