Looking northwest from Church St and Queen St E towards the Metropolitan Wesleyan Methodist Church, today’s Metropolitan United Church at 56 Queen St E, between Bond St and Church St in the Garden District of Toronto. Built in 1870/72, architects Henry Langley and his brother Edward designed the church in the High Victorian Gothic style. The building received heritage status from the city in 1973. Notice the steeple on the far right belongs to St Michael’s Cathedral Basilica.
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: City of Toronto Archives