Originally the Melba Theatre, later the Queen and then Vogue Theatre, was once located at 1574 Queen StE (at Craven Rd on the northeast corner) in Toronto’s Greenwood-Coxwell and Leslieville neighbourhoods.
The 496-seat Melba Theatre opened in 1915, and in the mid-1930s, it was renamed the Queen. By the mid-1940s, the theatre became the Vogue and began selling candy and popcorn and around 1953, the movie house closed.
After being vacant for a few years, the former theatre building became home to the East End Canadians Hall, the Craven Hall Maritime Social Club and the Q Club. Today, the building is occupied by Security Management Services.