The Luella Massey Studio Theatre, originally St Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, is located at 4 Glen Morris St (east of Spadina Ave on the north side) in the Huron Sussex/University district.
Built in 1913/14, the Lutheran church was designed in the Gothic Revival style. By the late-1960s, the former church building became the rehearsal hall for U of T’s Study Centre for Drama. The structure received heritage status from the city in 1976.
Today still part of the St George Campus – University of Toronto, the former church is home to the 96-seat Luella Massey Studio Theatre.
Luella Massey Studio Theatre Photos
- City of Toronto Heritage Register: 4 Glen Morris St
- Ontario Heritage Trust: Places of Worship Database: Studio Theatre (former St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church)
- Photos: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photos: City of Toronto Archives
- Toronto City Directory 1915 & 1968 courtesy of Toronto Public Library