The Lambton House is located at 4066 Old Dundas St in Toronto’s Lambton and Warren Park neighbourhoods. It’s tucked away on the east side of the Humber River, south of Dundas St W and west of Scarlett Rd. First listed in the 1860/61 assessment roll, the Victorian-style structure was once a stagecoach inn and tavern. It was later known as Lambton Hotel, then the Lambton Tavern. The tavern closed in the 1980s when the property was sold for apartment development. However, through negotiations, the City of York (now part of the City of Toronto) acquired the heritage-designated building. Since then, the former inn has been restored, and today is a museum operated by Heritage York.
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: Toronto Public Library