Looking towards the southwest corner of Gerrard St E and Jarvis St in Toronto’s Garden District. In the archive photo, notice the Avon Smoke Shop and, behind it, the 2-storey building that had been home to the Avonmore Hotel from 1891 until the early 1970s. The corner became a parking lot in the late 1970s, and today, a residential building is located on the site.
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: City of Toronto Archives