Looking northeast from the intersection of King St E and Sherbourne St in Toronto’s Old Town neighbourhood. Built in 1908, the two-storey Edwardian Classical style building was originally the Imperial Bank of Canada and designed by the Toronto-based architecture firm Darling & Pearson.
In 1961, the bank merged with the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, and until 2000, the building served as a CIBC branch. The former bank’s facade was preserved and is now the entrance of Kings Court Condo.
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: City of Toronto Archives