Looking southwest at Queen St E and Parliament St in the Moss Park neighbourhood of Toronto. The building at the corner was designed by architect Henry Simpson for the Home Furniture Carpet Company in 1907. The store, owned by John F Brown, sold furniture, appliances and clothing. In 1926, the store needed more space, so an extension was added to the west side.
In 1978, Marty Millionaire Ltd occupied the building and remained there until 2014. Three years later, the heritage-designated building was renovated for WE Charity’s Global Learning Centre.
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: City of Toronto Archives