Holy Name Parish

Holy Name Parish is located at 71 Gough Ave (at Danforth Ave on the northeast corner) in the Greektown neighbourhood of Toronto.

Built from 1915 to 1926, the Roman Catholic church was originally known as the Church of the Holy Name. The architectural landmark along Danforth Ave was designed by architect Arthur William Holmes. The building received heritage status from the City of Toronto in 1976.

Holy Name Parish Photos

2020 - An architectural landmark along Danforth Ave, the Holy Name Parish at 71 Gough Ave at Danforth Ave, northeast corner
2020 – An architectural landmark along Danforth Ave, the Holy Name Parish at 71 Gough Ave at Danforth Ave, northeast corner
1925 – This photo was taken during construction in September 1925 from the northeast corner of Danforth Ave and Gough Ave
1925 – This photo was taken during construction in September 1925 from the northeast corner of Danforth Ave and Gough Ave (City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 1266, Item 6651)
2021 – South façade of the Holy Name Parish
2021 – South façade of the Holy Name Parish
1970s – Holy Name Parish located at the northeast corner of Danforth Ave and Gough Ave
1970s – Holy Name Parish located at the northeast corner of Danforth Ave and Gough Ave (City of Toronto Archives, Series 1465, File 119, Item 103)
2021 - Church steeple and cross of the Holy Name Parish
2021 – Church steeple and cross of the Holy Name Parish
2021 – The cornerstone at Holy Name Parish - built from 1915 to 1926
2021 – The cornerstone at Holy Name Parish – built from 1915 to 1926
SOURCE