The Half Way House in 1912 & 2022

Posted:

The Half Way House was a hotel, an apartment and later a store once on the northwest corner of Kingston Rd and Midland Ave. Alexander Thompson built the Georgian two-storey structure in 1847/48 and was originally a resting place for stagecoach passengers between Pickering and Toronto. In 1966, the house was moved to Black Creek Pioneer Village.

1912/2022 – The Half Way House was a hotel, an apartment and later a store once on the northwest corner of Kingston Rd and Midland Ave. Alexander Thompson built the Georgian two-storey structure in 1847/48 and was originally a resting place for stagecoach passengers between Pickering and Toronto. In 1966, the house was moved to Black Creek Pioneer Village
1912/2022 – The Half Way House was a hotel, an apartment and later a store once on the northwest corner of Kingston Rd and Midland Ave (Toronto Public Library R-6555)
SOURCE

Stay Connected

22,156FollowersFollow
94FollowersFollow
8,950FollowersFollow
error: Alert: Content selection is disabled