Looking west along Front St E from Market St in Toronto’s St Lawrence neighbourhood. The focal point of this vista is the Gooderham “Flatiron” Building which is located where Wellington St E, Church St and Front St E intersect.
The wedge-shaped building was completed in 1892 and originally served as the headquarters for Gooderham & Worts Limited, once Canada’s largest liquor distilling company. Today the heritage-designated Gooderham Building is one of the most photographed structures in Toronto.
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: Toronto Public Library