Looking northwest towards the corner of Front St E and George St, in the Old Town neighbourhood of Toronto. On the left side of the archive photo, notice Turner Wines. The building it was located in was built in 1879 and still exists today. The parking lot at the corner was once the site of Roach’s Hotel and, later, Lapp’s Hotel and the Royal Canadian Hotel.
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: City of Toronto Archives