The Daly House was once located at 27 Simcoe St (at Front St W on the southeast corner) in downtown Toronto.
The Toronto City Directory first listed the Daly House in the 1895 publication. The 5-storey hotel was owned by JJ Daly, accommodated 100 guests and was conveniently located a few doors west of Toronto’s previous Union Station. While over the years, the Daly House had a few different owners, in 1910, the property was purchased for $50,000. The hotel’s address was later updated to 127 Front St W.
In 1930, the TTC bought the leasehold on the hotel and neighbouring property, and initially, there were plans for a Yonge St streetcar loop on the site. The historic hotel was torn down, and within a few years, the heritage-designated Canadian National Express Building occupied the corner.