Corpus Christi Parish is located at 1810 Queen St E (at Lockwood Rd on the northwest corner) in The Beach Triangle neighbourhood of Toronto.
Built in 1926/27, architect John Gibb Morton designed the Catholic church in the Romanesque Revival style. Made from Credit Valley stone, the church is in the form of a cross. When it was constructed, the church sat 900 parishioners, with the church and rectory costing approximately $200,000.
Corpus Christi Parish received heritage status from the City of Toronto in 1973.
Corpus Christi Parish Photos
- City of Toronto Heritage Register: 1810 Queen St E
- The Globe Newspaper Archives: May 2, 1927, pg 13
- Photos: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photos: City of Toronto Archives