The Community Theatre was once located at 1202 Woodbine Ave (north of Frater Ave on the west side) in the Woodbine Heights neighbourhood of Toronto.
Built and opening in 1937, architects Kaplan & Sprachman designed the theatre in the Art Deco style. After it closed in the mid-1950s, the theatre building became a rental storage warehouse. Today, the former theatre is home to retail space.
Community Theatre Photos
The Globe and Mail Newspaper Archives: May 6, 1937, pg 2
The Globe and Mail Newspaper Archives: Jun 29, 1957, pg 41