College Street United Church and The Channel Club are located at 456 College St (at Bathurst St on the northwest corner) in the Palmerston-Little Italy neighbourhood of Toronto.
Built in 1884-1885 and originally the College Street Presbyterian Church, architects Smith & Gemmell designed the structure in the Gothic Revival style. At the time, the church and property were valued at $45,000.
While the church received heritage status from Ontario Heritage Trust in 1986 and the City of Toronto the following year, in the early 1990s, a condominium was built around and incorporated into the church.
College Street Presbyterian Church Photos
- City of Toronto Heritage Register: 452-456 College St
- Ontario Heritage Trust: 452-456 College St
- Landmarks of Toronto: Volume 4 by J Ross Robertson (1904), pgs 263-266
- Photos: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photos: City of Toronto Archives & Toronto Public Library
- Vintage Map: Atlas of the City of Toronto 1890 by Chas E Goad from the Toronto Public Library