Looking towards the northwest corner of Church St and Wellington St E, in the St Lawrence neighbourhood of Toronto. The archive photo shows a branch of the Toronto-Dominion Bank. The present-day glass and steel building was constructed in the early 1960s; however, the corner had been the site of the Bank of Toronto since 1863.
In the background of the vintage photo, notice the Canadian Bank of Commerce Building (on the left), National Trust (in the centre) and the King Edward Hotel (on the right). Today, 60 Wellington St E at Church St is home to The Works Craft Burgers & Beer.
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: City of Toronto Archives