Church of the Redeemer is located at 162 Bloor St W (at Avenue Rd on the northeast corner) in the Yorkville neighbourhood of Toronto.
Built in 1879, architects Smith & Gemmell designed the Anglican church in the English Gothic style. Made from Georgetown stone with Ohio stone facings, the church features a distinctive bell-gable. Interior architectural highlights include stained glass windows, exposed white brick with red brick band courses, a balcony and ceiling beams with decorative brackets.
Church of the Redeemer received heritage status from the City of Toronto in 1973 and has been a neighbourhood landmark for over 140 years.