Church of the Messiah is located at 240 Avenue Rd (at Dupont St on the southwest corner) in The Annex neighbourhood of Toronto.
Built in 1891, architects Gordon & Helliwell designed the Anglican church in the Gothic Revival style. The landmark church is made of white Kingston limestone and features towers and battlements. The Church of the Messiah received heritage status from the City of Toronto in 1973.
The church’s former rectory, built in 1892 and also designed by Gordon & Helliwell, is located at 236 Avenue Rd directly south of the church. The former rectory received heritage status from the City of Toronto in 1973. Today it’s home to KMH Cardiology Centres Inc.