Looking southeast towards the corner of Front St E and Church St, in the St Lawrence neighbourhood of Toronto. The three-storey commercial building at 65 Front St E was built circa 1869. It was originally a warehouse for Smith, Fair & Co., wholesale grocers. Within a few years, the building became home to Cramp, Torrances & Company, “importers of tea and produce from East and West India.”
The building is clad with red brick and features Gothic Revival-style elements, including pointed arch details over the third-storey windows removed during alterations; however, the arches’ outlines remain visible today. Over the last 150 years, the former warehouse has been home to various businesses, including the Musterring Gallery, as shown in the archive photo.