Looking northeast at King St E and George St in the Old Town, St Lawrence neighbourhood of Toronto. The buildings on this block, extending to Adelaide St E and Frederick St, were constructed between 1874 and 1914 for the Christie, Brown and Company Biscuit Factory. In the mid-1950s, the William E Coutts Co (Hallmark Cards), a greeting card manufacturer, occupied the buildings. In 1971, the heritage-designated complex was acquired by George Brown College to become the school’s St James Campus.
Then and Now
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: City of Toronto Archives