2023/1922 – The Brockton Hotel was once located at 1543-1553 Dundas St W and Sheridan Ave on the southeast corner in Toronto’s Brockton Village neighbourhood. The Toronto City Directory has the hotel first listed in 1890 as the Brockton Club House. It later became known as the Brockton Hotel and also operated as a drinking establishment.
In the archive photo, notice the Brockton Café on the right and the “For Sale” sign on the hotel. The building was demolished after 1978. Today, the site is home to a low-rise, mixed-use building. The Dundas West Mural in the present-day photo at 1547 Dundas St W was created by artist Jose Ortega in 2013.
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: City of Toronto Archives